The Staff Accountant performs timely and accurate general ledger accounting duties, analyses and reconciliations of account activity, and internal financial reporting activities for financial transactions of low to moderate complexity in support of the Company’s corporate headquarters/shared support services operations and related legal entities. Also assists in preparation of monthly internal and quarterly/annual external consolidated/corporate financial reporting.
Essential Job Functions
- Obtain/prepare supporting data, document, and record or review financial transactions of low to moderate complexity generated by the company’s overhead and shared support activities. Transactions/activities may include any or all of the following:
- Deferred show costs amortization, LT/ST reclassification, year-end accruals and monthly roll-forward schedule.
- Corporate/centralized cash management, investments and debt.
- Corporate overhead costs, expenses, pre-paids and accruals.
- Inter-company transactions.
- Error suspense review.
- Foreign currency upload.
- Allocations of corporate overhead costs.
- Corporate consolidation/elimination entries.
- Review, analyze and reconcile general ledger activity and account balances relating to assigned financial activity/transactions, in a thorough and timely manner. Document and record necessary adjustments to correct any errors or omissions identified through this process in accordance with established company policies, procedures and due dates. Insure that assigned GL account balances are supported by appropriate documentation and timely reconciled to internal or external statements or subsidiary ledgers/systems.
- Assist in the development of standard and ad-hoc internal and external financial reports. Prepare special reports, analyses, and schedules in support of the annual external audits as assigned.
- Perform cross-training and backup responsibilities as defined and requested.
- Other related duties as assigned by direct supervisor.
- BS/BA in Accounting, Finance or related discipline.
- 0-2 years of relevant experience in public or corporate accounting.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and exposure to enterprise financial systems.
- Excellent communication and people skills a must, along with a positive, professional demeanor.